I'm a week behind, but in my defense, my laptop's possessed and keeps typing the number 3 overandoverandoverandover. Survey courtesy of Jamie at Perpetual Page

Turner.

Author you’ve read the most books from:

Tamora Pierce with 28 novels. She's an auto-buy for me, and has been for 10 years now.

Best Sequel Ever:

Days of Blood and Starlight. It took an AMAZING first book and improved on it in every way. I loved the world, the characters, prose. It's perfect.

Currently Reading:

Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff, Napoleon's Privates: 2,500 Years of History Unzipped by Tony Perrottet, and Podkayne of Mars by Robert A. Heinlein

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Some sort of tooth-rottingly sweet coffee drink or sweet tea. I'm a sugar fiend.

E-reader or Physical Book?

Both have a time and a place, though I get most use out of the Kindle app on my phone.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

George from the Alanna series. Big book crush.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

So many since becoming a blogger! This Song Will Save Your Life, is the most recent. I don't usually do contemporary or "issues" books, (see "K",) but I loved every page.

Hidden Gem Book:

The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clark. I think coming out on the SAME DAY as the similarly titled The Madman's Daughter really hurt this one. It's a tragic love story about the nature of humanity disguised as a robot novel with a shamelessly heart-wrenching third act, but it only has 425 ratings.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

A boy in band told me to check out wotmania.com for theories and discussion while waiting on the next book. (This would be back in '02 when CoT was coming out any day now!) I met my co-blogger on that site. I met my Maid of Honor on that site. I met my HUSBAND on that site. 10 years of my life revolved around the community and other fantasy boards. I discovered Goodkind, (thanks a fucking lot,) Martin, and Hobb. I seriously cried like a baby when Mike pulled the plug.

Just Finished:

His Wicked Heart by Darcy Burke

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Because of my own history, I do my best to avoid "issues" books, especially about self-harm and eating disorders.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

GR says Storm of Swords (paperback) at 1,177 pages. However, Dance is longer when you compare both in hardback, so A Dance with Dragons (hardback) at 1,016 pages.

Major book hangover because of:

I don't usually get book hangover, because I always read 2-4 books at a time, but all three Mistborn books have hit me awfully hard.

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Two. Technically. One is a 6'x6' monstrosity that takes up one wall of my living room, while the other is your standard $50 5-shelf. We also have shelves of books in the spare bedroom closet and in a kitchen cupboard. And 200 ebooks. But I only have two bookcases! (I'm not a hoarder, I swear.)

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Alanna: The First Adventure: 6 times

Eye of the World: 4 times

A Game of Thrones: 4 times

The Giver: 4 times. Ish. Probably more. Best book ever.

Preferred Place To Read:

Everywhere! At home, I like the living room couch if my husband's in the tv room. Quieter, but not silent. I don't like to read in complete silence.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

I know I've said it too many times, but the end of the Bradbury short story, Kaleidoscope. I have an abbreviated version tattooed on my shoulder, for my grandfather who gave me my love of sci-fi, and for myself, to remind me that while we all die, all we can hope is that we make a difference before we go.

He fell swiftly, like a bullet, like a pebble, like an iron weight, objective, objective all of the time now, not sad or happy or anything, but only wishing he could do a good thing now that everything was gone, a good thing for just himself to know about.
When I hit the atmosphere, I'll burn like a meteor.
"I wonder,' he said, 'if anyone'll see me?"
The small boy on the country road looked up and screamed. "Look, mom, look! A falling star!"
The blazing white star fell down the sky of dusk in Illinois. "Make a wish," said his mother. "Make a wish."

Reading Regret:

Ever stopping. For 6 years after high school I was too busy with school and then work and then it wasn't a habit and I read barely a handful of books. My ereader definitely helped, because it's easy to drop it in my purse for my commute/lunch/long hold times.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

The last Sookie Stackhouse book is out. I had the opportunity to buy it for 20% off. Instead I bought Zimmer Bradley's Mists of Avalon.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Patricia Wrede's Book of Enchantments, The Giver, and Mistborn: The Final Empire

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Brandon Sanderson. The man can do no wrong, and if he does, please don't tell me.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (And Allegiant, Cress, Steelheart, Battle Magic, Winds of Winter, Skylark #3...)

Worst Bookish Habit:

I dog-ear.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

On the big shelf: The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory, little shelf it's Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce.

Your latest book purchase:

The Mists of Avalon, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, The Night Circus, and The School of Good and Evil. Husband got Gauntlgrym, (signed by Salvatore,) If Chins Could Kill, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me, and Mort. We have a sickness.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

It's been awhile. I think This Song Will Save Your Life.